My EC&I 831 Journey
- Created this sweet healthy lifestyle blog using WordPress (I had created one for my classroom over 3 years ago but didn’t stick with it, as it became work that I could put off).
- I quickly learned what a widget was and the ins and outs of my WordPress dashboard.
- Created a professional Twitter account so that I could share information relevant to technology, social media and my PLN
- Joined a Google+ Community which I didn’t know existed before this class.
- Chose to complete a Digital Project on leading a Healthy Lifestyle
Along the way
- Learned how to properly set up my blog and blog pages, and also ask for help when I ran into problems
- Visit other blogs and tried to add comments or ask questions
- Ohh my, I realized I was stealing images for years! Not to worry I now know how to properly use images and site them from popular sites like Compfight
- I also learned some short cuts for adding in images
- ongoing attempt to to wrap my head around Twitter, all the ins and out and how to tweet and retweet
Not the end
- Learned that using Tags in my blog helped organized my work and helped me to get more followers
- Google+ community became an outlet for me to vent and I even tried to help other classmates as well with their questions and concerns.
- Developed relationship with a few classmates as I would visit their blogs, Twitter pages on a very regular basis!
- Summarized my learning using an animated movie using the Nawmal software
- I viewed my numbers and stats using WordPress and was excited to see what the numbers were showing. My popularity was represented by a graph.
- I increased my twitter presence with 63 tweets and 88 followers!
I plan to continue to use social media in my teaching and education but will also try incorporating it more with my students. I have started to bring more articles into the classroom for discussion, as I come across many different things relevant to the lives of students. There is so much learning that can take place through technology and online, it can be endless. I would love for my students to collaborate and connect with others around the world. I think that language projects could be a fun venture, something about those cute seniors though. I don’t want to be that teacher that only gives worksheets and transmits knowledge I want to be the teacher that provides opportunity and experiences.
I can honestly say that this class has been a learning journey for me. For the most part I enjoyed the flexibility of an online course, but it sometimes was difficult to dedicate time to the readings, as I struggled doing last weeks haha, I really put the slack in slacktivism. It is such a different experience when you are in charge of your own learning, learning at your own pace, learning what you want. I plan to continue to blog my recipes and perhaps I will blog about being a new parent, that could be a fun venture if I have time.
Thank you everyone and see you online and I am look forward to reconnecting soon!!